interesting…even though it’s not part of Muharram series…
Posted by abu ameerah on Sunday, January 28, 2007
Israel’s use of cluster bombs from U.S. examined
• U.S. says Israel may have violated agreement by using clusters in Lebanon
• U.S. supplied the bombs, which have killed more than 20 people since end of war
• Israel says it “acted as any government would in … self-defense”
• Congress expected to be notified of the situation Monday
i’ll just point out the obvious:
1. israel used such weaponry on the entire nation of Lebanon…basically holding it hostage.
2. israel used (and continues to use) such weaponry against civilians.
3. israel violated international law (when it carried out hostilities against Lebanon).
4. israel doesn’t really care about civilians and human rights.
5. israel is a human rights violater on a scale far greater than anything seen in the Palestinian territories.
6. The US is israel’s supplier….the same way a neighborhood drug dealer supplies a crack fiend with his latest fix.
7. israel’s war against Lebanon was no more a war of “self defense” as America’s excursion in Iraq.
8. the AIPAC war room is working over time and will smooth things out on Capitol Hill by playing damage control.
9. Congress will take no action against israel.
10. israel will continue it’s hostility toward Lebanon and the Palestinian people.